Admin login with IE 5.5

Erik

Admin login with IE 5.5

Post by Erik »

Hi,

Am having a fair amount of problems navigating in the admin section. What usually happens is that I can work for a while, and then all of a sudden, it will consistently send me back to the login page, regardless of what function I was trying to do. If I click back instead of logging in again, on 1 out of 3 times it will take me back and let give me the next page. The other time it takes me back, but then anything I do takes me to the login page next. If I login again, then it lets me in, and then chucks me out a few steps later.

Any ideas on resolving this would be greatly appreciated, as it’s getting frustrating to do any development work.

Thank,
Erik
mark
Site Admin

Admin login with IE 5.5

Post by mark »

Sounds like the browser is dropping the login cookie. Not much a web program can do about. Try downloading a free browser upgrade.
harold

Admin login with IE 5.5

Post by harold »

I am having similar problems. I'm running Webinator 4.3-Unix-w/plugin . It worked great for years, but in the past few years Chrome would return me to the login screen whenever I tried to do anything on the admin page. But, IE DID work. Now, IE does not work. Neither does Chrome, Opera, or Firefox.

For example, I can do a login, then go to create a new profile. Hitting Create Walk takes me back to the login page.

Ideas?

THANKS!

Harold
harold

Admin login with IE 5.5

Post by harold »

Trying more browsers, Lynx works. Not quite as user friendly, but I got my new profile created. Is there perhaps an update to the admin page I can apply?

Thanks!

Harold
mark
Site Admin

Admin login with IE 5.5

Post by mark »

Newer browsers are dropping(dropped) support for old Webinator's method of setting the login cookie. I don't know if that old of Webinator can be changed to support the allowed methods. You might need to update.

I keep an old machine with an old browser around for working with old softwares that I can't update.
harold

Admin login with IE 5.5

Post by harold »

I've found that the Webinator admin pages work properly with Firefox 50.0.2 , available from their web site. You have to go into advanced settings and disable automatic updates or it will update and stop working again.

Harold