Create Walk Problems -

ecoastflav

Create Walk Problems -

Post by ecoastflav »

No dice - I have tried just about everything I could think of.

No messages in the vortex log except about the db that couldn't be found (which caused me to make the original post)
mark
Site Admin

Create Walk Problems -

Post by mark »

And you're not getting any errors at the top of the page returned after you click go?

At the top of the page in a gray box it should say what it's doing after you click Go. Please paste that here.
ecoastflav

Create Walk Problems -

Post by ecoastflav »

No errors at all...

D:\Inetpub\scripts\texis.exe -r profile="default" "D:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\scripts/webinator/dowalk\dispatch.txt"
mark
Site Admin

Create Walk Problems -

Post by mark »

Try running that command from a command prompt to see if says anything more. Try adding a ttyverbose option
D:\Inetpub\scripts\texis.exe -r ttyverbose=9 profile="default" "D:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\scripts/webinator/dowalk\dispatch.txt"
ecoastflav

Create Walk Problems -

Post by ecoastflav »

Okay - I think we might be closing in. Now I can run dowalk from command line, but any changes I try to make from the web based administration are ignored.

I went back after getting it to work from command line, and tried to make changes from the web page and the changes do not take effect.

What could cause this to happen?
ecoastflav

Create Walk Problems -

Post by ecoastflav »

Let me clarify a bit - It actually looks like I can set the options I want in the web based admin, but it ignores them when running the dowalk from the web browser.

BUT, if I then run the dowalk from the command line, it picks up the settings that entered from the web and successfully runs the walk the way I wanted it run from the web.
mark
Site Admin

Create Walk Problems -

Post by mark »

Sounds like a perm problem where the webserver doesn't have perms on the dataspace directory, so it can't start a new walk. Set the perms for the dataspace directory to "full control" for "everyone".