The specified module could not be found.

sroth

Post by sroth »

I'm getting "The specified module could not be found.", when requesting to run a script via a browser.

I've successfully install the web service extension on another 2003 server.

The box I'm having trouble with is a new box with HP management services and running on it.

IIS 6.0 is running fine. The Texis ISAPI for Webinator Web Service Extension is set to "Allowed". The "Texis" virtual directory is pointing to a directory on the disk.

I can use tsql to perform queries, so this seems to be an IIS/Web Service Extension issue.

Nothing is recorded in the Windows Event Log, for do I get entries in the transfer.log or vortex.log.

Would you point me in a direction? Thanks.
jason112
Site Admin

Post by jason112 »

That message indicates a dll that TexisISAPI depends on is not found, although all non-standard required libs should be included with the install. What is the exact OS/Service Pack for the machine where it doesn't work?

Could you grab the "depends"[1] tool from http://www.dependencywalker.com/ , open TexisISAPI.dll, and see if it lists any missing requirements?
sroth

Post by sroth »

Server 2003 SP2
Enterprise Edition

dependency walker indicates I'm missing:
MSVCP71.DLL
DWMAPI.DLL
jason112
Site Admin

Post by jason112 »

dwmapi.dll is a special case you don't have to worry about.

I remember msvcp71.dll being added to the install at some point, so your version might not have it.

It's a standard Microsoft library, so you could copy the msvcp71.dll from the working machine (probably in C:\windows\system32\) into wherever TexisISAPI.dll is installed.

If you don't have one handy, you can open a ticket and we can get a copy to you.

IIS will then need restarted to get it to re-try using TexisISAPI (recycling its app pool isn't enough).
sroth

Post by sroth »

I added msvcp71.dll and I'm up and running. Thanks.