<Profile> tag in Meta Search output

rjhertzberg

Post by rjhertzberg »

All -

From what I understand in the documentation, the <Profile> element that is output in each <Result> element should contain the name of the Profile from which the result came from. I have created a Meta Search profile, that is a collection of 3 other Profiles. However, when I perform a search, it seems that the <Profile> element in the output is the name of the Meta Search profile, and not the profile that the result was actually from.

For example, I have three profiles - Profile A, Profile B and Profile C. I created a Meta Search profile called "Profile Meta" that includes Profile A, B and C. When I search the "Profile Meta" profile, the <Profile> element contains "Profile Meta". Am I correctly understanding how this is suppossed to work? If not, how can I determine which profile the result was from? The reason for needing is that we have a desire to alter the result format, depending on which profile the result came from. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in Advance,
Russell
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Including the backend profile information detail would tend to expose data (machine and profile names) that might be sensitive and could get rather long in a nested profile situation. The machine and profile information is encoded in numbers in the m and p parameters of the url though. So in a simple case you can ignore m and use the p value to know which profile it was.
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

You could also use one of the additional fields to store the information you want about the profile to control the display.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software