Java SOAP client

rjhertzberg

Java SOAP client

Post by rjhertzberg »

Does anyone have a sample Java SOAP client for the dataload push? I have the C# example that comes with the appliance, and I can follow along pretty well, but it would be great if we had one written in Java!

Thanks in Advance,
Russell
jstoll

Java SOAP client

Post by jstoll »

As a follow-up to this - does the TSA support actual SOAP-based pushes, or is it just done via an HTML post to the recvdata.xml page? (We've successfully gotten a recvdata.xml push working previously, but this is our first attempt at a SOAP-based push. The WSDL is there, but I can't seem to find any actual online docs, samples or discussion threads about the push working with SOAP. (In fact, all I can find on the forums here are talk about it 'coming soon'. :-)

Please let us know if we're beating our heads against a wall for no reason, or if pushing via SOAP works.

Thanks!
jstoll

Java SOAP client

Post by jstoll »

Also, just FYI, version info is:

Search Appliance Version 5.01.1218092715 20080807

dowalk: 6.3.4/2.595 dowalk: 6.3.4/2.514 dowalk: /1.22 appliance: 6.3.4/1.251 search: 6.3.4/2.485 DB: /1.6
jason112
Site Admin

Java SOAP client

Post by jason112 »

rjhertzberg - I'm not aware of anyone who's created a sample Java client specifically for our stuff, but it looks like there's lots of info for implementing Java SOAP clients.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webse ... index.html

jstoll -The SOAP API (both search & dataload) were officially released in 6.3.0-3, so you should have it.

If your docs are up to date, then there will be a "Dataload SOAP API" section to the manual, although it largely refers to the regular dataload section as the content is almost exactly the same.

The Thunderstone Soap Example project has an example of how to use the SOAP dataload API. This can be found under Maintenance -> Extra Downloads (you may need to download an update for it if it's not listed).