likep

gaurav.shetti

likep

Post by gaurav.shetti »

I have this metamorph inverted index Title\Body\AttachText\Comment\person_name\Blogid

When i do a query like
select count(*) ic from abc where xyz in (0,2) and Title\Body\AttachText\Comment\person_name\Blogid likep 'test'

I get 320 results

When i do :
select count(*) ic from abc where xyz in (0,2) and Title\Body\AttachText\Comment\person_name\Blogid likep '72258';

i get 0 results when i know that a Blogid by that value does exist in the table.

Any idea what is going wrong ?
John
Site Admin

likep

Post by John »

What type is Blogid? Which version of Texis? Older versions of Texis required that all the fields be some kind of text field, so if Blogid was a numeric type it might not work.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
gaurav.shetti

likep

Post by gaurav.shetti »

sorry .. Blogid is of integer datatype.
gaurav.shetti

likep

Post by gaurav.shetti »

Texis Version 05.01.1154662968(20060803)
mark
Site Admin

likep

Post by mark »

Is there some reason you don't lookup Blogid directly?
...where Blogid=72258
It would be more efficient and accurate, not fooled by having the same number within the text.
gaurav.shetti

likep

Post by gaurav.shetti »

we have a generic code wherein we are using the metamorph inverted index Title\Body\AttachText\Comment\person_name\Blogid
Now if the user enters a number and it happens to be a blog id.. it wouldnt be searched
Hence the question.
John
Site Admin

likep

Post by John »

The version of Texis you are using is too old to support integers in the virtual field you are creating the index on.

You could either get a Texis update if on maintenance and rebuild the index with a newer Texis, or create a varchar field to hold the Blogid.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software