Anytotx.exe - access denied

kiddywood

Post by kiddywood »

Hi,

I assume this is a permissions issue:

Cannot exec `"C:\Program Files (x86)\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\anytotx.exe"': Access is denied ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\anytotx.exe" -fother)

Please could you point me in the right direction?
jason112
Site Admin

Post by jason112 »

It sounds like the user Webinator is running as ("Network Service" by default) doesn't have permission to execute anytotx.exe

Check the perms on "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\anytotx.exe", and make sure the user for Webinator's application pool has read & execute access.
kiddywood

Post by kiddywood »

Thanks Jason. I've changed the permissions as advised above and I'm now getting the following:

Error translating. Perhaps a truncated download or corrupt/protected file. <EXEC> command "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\anytotx.exe" returned exit code 128 ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\anytotx.exe" -fother)
jason112
Site Admin

Post by jason112 »

Check perms on the "tmp" directory next to anytotx.exe Make sure that user has read and write permission to it.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Also make sure the page it's having trouble with isn't larger that "Max page size". Some file formats won't translate if truncated.
kiddywood

Post by kiddywood »

I've changed permissions as instructed but I'm still getting the same error. The "tmp" file is empty. Is this normal?

Mark,

My max page size is set to unlimited.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

tmp is a place to put scratch files that are typically removed after use so it would usually be empty.

Can you provide a link to that file so we can try it? If not you may want to open a ticket so you can send it.
kiddywood

Post by kiddywood »

Mark could you confirm which file?
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

See the walk status for the error report. It should list that error and what url it was working on.
kiddywood

Post by kiddywood »