Webinator 5.1.87 dowalk

sduggan

Webinator 5.1.87 dowalk

Post by sduggan »

Hi I tried upgrading the dowalk 5.1.87 script a number of times and it won't recompile the .vtx file. I successfully did it with two older versions 5.0.6, and 5.1.4 to test to see if it was a permissions issue but for some reason the new script won't recompile the .vtx file.
Thanks,
Shawn
mark
Site Admin

Webinator 5.1.87 dowalk

Post by mark »

How are you trying to compile it?
What error are you getting?
If you're compiling from a web url you will need to
view the source of the page or look at vortex.log
to see the full error message.
sduggan

Webinator 5.1.87 dowalk

Post by sduggan »

This is how I compiled the two older versions. I delete the dowalk in the C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\Texis\Scripts\Webinator folder and the dowalk.vtx. I take either of the the other dowalk versions (saved as .txt and renamed to just dowalk) copy into the folder above then I go to the browser and go to http://.../search/texis.exe/webinator/dowalk and the admin interface comes up and the .vtx file gets created in the folder. This works to 5.06 and the 5.1.4 versions of the dowalk script I have. When I do the same with the 5.1.87 version the .vtx file never gets a created and when I go the browser I get this error message:
================================
Webinator was unable to process the requested URL:

http://[domain name]/search/texis.exe/webinator/dowalk

Please ask the site administrator of rsa-kmsdevweb.na.rsa.net to check vortex.log for problems.

===================================================
If go back to the same thing with the older version, in this case 5.1.4 the admin interface comes up fine.
Do I need to update the search file as well just to get the admin interface to come up?
mark
Site Admin

Webinator 5.1.87 dowalk

Post by mark »

You will need to
view the source of the error page or look at vortex.log
to see the full error message.
sduggan

Webinator 5.1.87 dowalk

Post by sduggan »

I tried it again and checked the log and got this message:
100 2010-01-13 23:19:53 /webinator/dowalk:2848: Unknown/illegal format code `/' in <strfmt> string
mark
Site Admin

Webinator 5.1.87 dowalk

Post by mark »

Ah, looks like the script is using a feature newer than your Texis. On line 2848 change
%/
to
/
That appears to be the only place it's used.