Too many docs in profile

michel.weber

Too many docs in profile

Post by michel.weber »

Hi

On an appliance which uses replication, a destination profile just triggered the licence warning (500 000 docs) or the sum of the source profiles is less than 300 000.

Any idea what's going on?
mark
Site Admin

Too many docs in profile

Post by mark »

Not really without a lot more investigation. You didn't do a walk with the destination profile did you?
Are the queues from the sending profiles empty? Perhaps there are a lot of deletes queued up?
Did you wipe a source profile then walk different content with it? In that case the destination wouldn't know to delete the previous profile's data.

Was it in sync doc count wise before? If so what changed since then?
michel.weber

Too many docs in profile

Post by michel.weber »

>> Not really without a lot more investigation. You didn't do a walk with the destination profile did you?
No. In the meantime i checked on the other appliance, and the situation is the same (Destination profile nearly double the size it should be).
>> Are the queues from the sending profiles empty? Perhaps there are a lot of deletes queued up?
No.
>> Did you wipe a source profile then walk different content with it? In that case the destination wouldn't know to delete the previous profile's data.
No. I would have to have done that several times over to get that big a difference.
>> Was it in sync doc count wise before? If so what changed since then?
Yes at the beginning, it was always a little bit off (less than a 1000 docs last time i checked)
Two things changed :
- we upgraded from V6.3 to V7.0.7
- all the IP addresses of our web servers changed, but NOT the urls.
mark
Site Admin

Too many docs in profile

Post by mark »

I'm not able to duplicate anything like that. If you want further investigation you'll need to open a ticket and provide access to the appliances. Otherwise try deleting everything from the destination profile then replicating everything from the sender using profile tools.
John
Site Admin

Too many docs in profile

Post by John »

If there are just about double is it possible that something changed about the URL format, e.g. a slightly different host name or url, or even a difference in uppercase/lowercase?
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
michel.weber

Too many docs in profile

Post by michel.weber »

I have watched the two destination profiles over the last days and it appears that they both grow very night by about 2500-3000 pages.

All the source profiles taken togather have less than 100 new pages.

Looking at the urls in the html table i found the culprit.
One of our sites hase a profile with 7135 ocuments, but in the destination profile it has over 250 000 documents.
I think i figured out why there is a problem (url containing a parameter containing the current date : http://site/page?d=17/02/2010, http://site/page?d=18/02/2010, ...), but i havent figured yet why this would blow up the destinaiton profile, and not the source profile.

If a page is rejected/deleted in the source profile during a walk it should noot end up in the destination profile, right?

For the moment i'm not opening a ticket, as we are currently migrating to the server version of Texis.
mark
Site Admin

Too many docs in profile

Post by mark »

Is the source profile set for rewalk type "new" or "refresh". It should be refresh if using replication.
michel.weber

Too many docs in profile

Post by michel.weber »

That's it.

I dont know how that happened, but Yes it was set to new.

Thanks