Adding profile parameter

david.huber0

Adding profile parameter

Post by david.huber0 »

I want to add some parameters in the walk settings page.
Like the rewalk schedule parameter i want to add drop down list for a recat and a reindex schedule.
I was able to add the parameters in the form.
Then i create new functions to have the same workflow as the rewalk schedule.
But when i tried to save the profile these new parameters weren't saved.
Is there some trick todo? I was thinking the save function is based on the settings ath the beginning of webinatoradmin.src

thanks for your help
mark
Site Admin

Adding profile parameter

Post by mark »

Off the top I'd say doing everything as is done for SSc_schedule and SSc_schedulehr should pretty much do it.

I'm not sure where you got webinatoradmin.src though. That's not a distributed file. Webinatoradmin is contained within dowalk for distribution.

You shouldn't need any schedules for recat and reindex though. Recat is automatically done anytime categories are added/changed/deleted and each crawled url is categorized as it's found. And a crawl will update the index when complete. If there are significant changes during a long crawl the index will get automatically updated by chkind. If a crawl is not going on there's nothing to update in the index.
jason112
Site Admin

Adding profile parameter

Post by jason112 »

Even though it's all in dowalk.vs, there are separately labelled <script>s cat'd together with our $id$ at the top. That may be where he's getting webinatoradmin from.
michel.weber

Adding profile parameter

Post by michel.weber »

Hi Mark

>>You shouldn't need any schedules for recat and reindex though. Recat is
>>automatically done anytime categories are added/changed/deleted and each crawled
>>url is categorized as it's found.
This works better with the latest scripts (5.1.88), but categories still get out
of sync eventually on destination profiles event if the categories are defined
exactly the same as on source profiles. Also it is not always possible to have
the same category definitions for replication source and destiantion.

>>And a crawl will update the index when complete. If there are significant
>>changes during a long crawl the index will get automatically updated by chkind.
>>If a crawl is not going on there's nothing to update in the index.
This does not seem to work with profiles that are never walked (i.e. updated via web service).

>>I'm not sure where you got webinatoradmin.src though. That's not a distributed
>>file. Webinatoradmin is contained within dowalk for distribution.
I cut the 'dowalk' and 'search' scripts into pieces (<script language=vortex>...</script>)
That way its easier for me to merge with our customizations when we get newer versions.
mark
Site Admin

Adding profile parameter

Post by mark »

When using the dataload API there's a command called "UI" you can send to tell it to update the index, typically sent after a batch update.
michel.weber

Adding profile parameter

Post by michel.weber »

Yes that works fine, but after a while when most documents are in the index users are adding/updating 1-2 documents a day, so it seems like overkill (and not very efficient) to do an UI after each update.

The index i'm talking about has ~150 000 docs and re-indexing the whole lot takes ~7 minutes.

So currently we are running a cron job every sunday night.
I just wanted to integrate it into the webinator admin interface.