Moving profiles to a new server

mmongeau

Post by mmongeau »

We are in the process of moving a web server from Windows 2000 to Windows 2008 R2. The version and location of Webinator in each environment is:

Windows 2000:

Webinator Professional Version 4.04.1067028670 of Oct 24, 2003 (i686-intel-winnt-64-32)

Insatll Root: E:\Apps\Thunderstone Software\Webinator

Windows 2008 R2:

Webinator Professional Version 5.02.1301506947 20110330 (i686-intel-winnt-64-32)

Install Root: E:\Apps\Webinator

From reading this forum it appears that I can simply copy the TestDB folder from the old server to the new server to preserve existing profiles (about 250 profiles). The profiles can then be reindexed on the new server. Will the different install root on the new server be a problem? Any other concerns?

Thank you.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

That sounds about right. You'll get copious errors in the admin ui for each profile until they've been walked once. And you'll have to use the "Re-schedule walks" feature under Maintenance->Advanced support tools to reestablish walk schedules.

Also note that each profile's dataspace is in the settings db you just copied so you need to create the dataspace directories. A script may be useful for that.

<script language=vortex>
<a name=main>
<sql row "select String from options where Name='SS_dataspace'">
<sysutil mkdir parents $String>
</sql>
</a>
</script>
mmongeau

Post by mmongeau »

I successfully copied the profiles to the new server and I can see them in the administrator. Each profile was set to rewalk on a schedule and when I look at profiles they still show the day/time they are scheduled to be rewalked. However, when I issue the command 'texis -LS' it comes back "No scripts scheduled". Is there something I need to do to sync up the schedules on the new server? Thanks.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

From previous:
And you'll have to use the "Re-schedule walks" feature under Maintenance->Advanced support tools to reestablish walk schedules.

If your version doesn't have that you'll have to unschedule and reschedule each by hand. Or add this to dowalk:

<a name=fixSchedule public>
<perm>
<defaults>
<look section="Fix Schedule">
<navbar cur=maintenance><!-- navigation menu -->
<h3>Schedule Fix</h3>
<sql "select distinct Profile from options where Profile != '_tsaUpgrade' and Profile != '' order by Profile">
<local schedule schedulehr>
<ul>
<li>Profile: $Profile</li>
<$schedule=><$schedulehr=>
<sql "select String schedule from options where Profile=$Profile and Name='SSc_schedule'"></sql>
<sql "select String schedulehr from options where Profile=$Profile and Name='SSc_schedulehr'"></sql>
<li>Schedule setting: $schedule $schedulehr</li>
<if "" neq $schedule>
<fmt "<li><b>Applying schedule...</b>"><flush>
<!-- set $profile for setschedule -->
<setschedule day=$schedule hour=$schedulehr profile=$Profile>
<fmt "Done.</li>\n">
<else>
<li>No schedule, continuing.</li>
</if>
</ul>
</sql>
<p>Done.</p>
</a>

and invoke from the browser after logging into the admin interface.
mmongeau

Post by mmongeau »

I do not have a Maintenance-Advanced feature in my version. I tried adding the code above but I do not know how to invoke it. Also, there are two versions of dowalk below the installation folder. Which one should be edited?

install-dir/Webinator/dowalk
install-dir/Texis/Scripts/Webinator/dowalk
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

mmongeau

Post by mmongeau »

That worked perfectly. It rescheduled the profiles and texis -LS now shows the schedule status.

I have to say that your customer support is outstanding. Thanks very much.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Thanks, glad to be of help. May we quote you?