Order by date based on the date of the results returned

adelprado

Post by adelprado »

I read somewhere that I can be able to extract the date from the text that is
returned, and then be able to order by that.

Can someone please tell me how to do this? I am actually using Thunder search thru a web service reference so this is available to me thru the API.

My requirement is that I need to order by date the date of the documents being returned from the search and not by the date of the walk. If it would be easier, I actually have these dates as part of the URL parameters for each link that is used in the walk, so whatever process is that could just get the dates from there....

I really appreciate your response on this matter.

Thanks,
Arthur
jason112
Site Admin

Post by jason112 »

There are two separate steps:
-----------------------------
If you're using the search SOAP webservice, you can order by date by setting searchRequest.Order="dd" before submitting for date descending (newest first), or "da" for date ascending "oldest first".

------------------------
The above will order by the date the appliance has stored for each record, which is likely the date it was crawled. You can override how this date is set with the "Data From Field" section in All Walk Settings. You can pull from the URL, a custom http header or html meta header, text content, etc.

The docs for Data From Field have some examples, but let us know if you have questions setting up any rules.