Error checking-in/creating module into new database

barry.marcus

Post by barry.marcus »

I am setting up a new server and attempting to check in our code modules for the first time. When I issue the command

texis -CI configuration

at the command prompt (from the directory where the file configuration, as well all of the other code files, are stored) I get the following message:

000 configuration: Index `xslmr' appears to be missing in D:\Crosshairs\database1

On our other servers files for that index (and others) are there. Not on the new server. Am I missing an initial step in configuring the database for storing modules?

Thanks
barry.marcus

Post by barry.marcus »

We are using version 7.00.1376340754 20130812 (i686-intel-winnt-64-32)
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

That index should have been created automatically; offhand I can't see why it would be missing. Try creating it manually with:

tsql -d c:\morph3\texis\testdb "create unique index xslmr on SYSLIB(Module, Revision)"
barry.marcus

Post by barry.marcus »

That gave me the following error:

175 Table SYSLIB not found in data dictionary of database C:\morph3\texis\testdb in the function opendbtbl
000 SQL failed

Which I guess would explain why the index was missing. But where is the table?!?
barry.marcus

Post by barry.marcus »

Here is a listing of the files in that directory:

categories.tbl
counts.tbl
error.tbl
html.tbl
index.vs
index.vtx
options.tbl
patent.tbl
querylog.tbl
refs.tbl
SYSCOLUM.tbl
SYSINDEX.tbl
SYSLOCKS.SEQ
SYSMETAI.tbl
SYSPERMS.tbl
SYSSCHEDULE.tbl
SYSSTATS.tbl
SYSTABLE.tbl
SYSTRIG.tbl
SYSUSERS.tbl
todo.tbl
vortex.tbl
xcatno.btr
xerrorurl.btr
xhtmlhash.btr
xhtmlid.btr
xhtmlurl.btr
xoptname.btr
xoptprofilename.btr
xoptstr.btr
xpabs.btr
xpabs.dat
xpabs.tok
xpabs_D.btr
xpabs_P.tbl
xpabs_T.btr
xpid.btr
xqueryid.btr
xtodourl.btr
xvid.btr
barry.marcus

Post by barry.marcus »

In our texis.ini file we have this entry to reassign Default Database:

Default Database = D:\Crosshairs\database1

And in that database there is a SYSLIB table. But the only indexes in the SYSINDEX table are those on the tables that I have created. Is there a script I can run that would create any required missing indexes?
barry.marcus

Post by barry.marcus »

Correction! There is a file named SYSLIB.tlb in our database directory, but no table named SYSLIB in the database catalog. I tried the create index statement on that database and got the same error.
barry.marcus

Post by barry.marcus »

I'm not sure why this particular installation is so rough, but it is...

I uninstalled Texis completely. Then installed an older version, thinking that I would upgrade to the most recent version because, logically or not, that is how I got to where I am on the other servers, and those servers are fine. So I did, and all seemed to go fine.

I am now back to version 7.01.1393884148 20140303. But when I try to do *ANYTHING* at the command prompt with the texis command I get the following:

000 License violation: Max Texis Version

The "installer" I have for this version is simply a set of files to overwrite into the MORPH3 directory, followed by a series of copies from monitor.exe to <filename>.exe. There are no license.* files included.

I'm completely stuck, and seemingly in worse shape than before.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Ok at this point you should apply the license.upd file you received with that Texis 7.01 version, with:

texis --apply-license=c:\path\to\license.upd

If that fails, copy license.upd to the default database, and run texis -update.

After that, since there are no modules checked in, you can drop and recreate the library tables and indexes with texis -wipelib.
barry.marcus

Post by barry.marcus »

Thanks, Kai. At first neither texis --apply-license nor texis -update worked. Something was apparently fouled up in the installation. So I reinstalled for a second time, this time only back as far as the next most recent version, followed by the "manual" install of the latest version. After that, the texis -update did the trick, and we seem to be back in business.

However, as far as the module library is concerned, unlike on our other servers, this installation does not seem to like it when the default db is set to something other than the default in \texis\testdb. Doing so generates the error previously mention having to do with the missing index. Issuing texis -wipelib does not help. When the default database is allowed to default to \texis\testdb, the SYSLIB table is created (in that database) and my module check-ins proceed normally. I suppose this is ok, as it is progess! It would be ideal, however, if the configuration of this server was identical to the others. Though it's a minor difference, as it is the texis.ini files now are no longer identical from one machine to the next and that may cause some hiccups down the road for those who are not in the know.

Any thoughts about why SYSLIB stubbornly won't create in a non-default default DB?