Change default modified date

moshelakin

Change default modified date

Post by moshelakin »

I have two separate issues related to modified date.

1) Our site has 60% database generated pages. So, when webinator walks those pages the modified date gets set to the time webinator walked them.

I want to implement a logic so during fetch, if the server returns modified date/time that matches current date/time during fetch, webinator will keep the modified column of the html table empty for that row instead of putting server's date/time.

2) If server doesn't return a date, then I believe webinator plugs in current date and time. I don't want that to happen. I would rathe keep them empty.

The reason I want modified date empty is because I want to implement "Search by Date". I believe I only have to change one line of code in dowalk script but don't know where since I never (yet) needed to play with the walker.
John
Site Admin

Re: Change default modified date

Post by John »

Webinator does not have the ability to have an empty modified date, there will always be a date in that field, and as you noted inserting an empty date is interpreted as the current date.

Would it be possible to use a "Data From Field" rule to identify the database generated pages and set a Modified Date? Depending on the needs of your search you might be able to pick a useful date from the page, or a constant past or future date.

Note that during a refresh walk if the page didn't change then the modified date won't be updated.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software